© 20011 Cygnus, Inc.

Cygnus: Workstation Solutions for Healthcare

Cygnus creates wood and metal computer workstation solutions with a focus on the healthcare industry. Wall mounted computer desks, charting stations, articulating arms and medication cabinets are some of our largest sellers. Also visit our Social Media page and connect with us. http://www.cygnusinc.net/get_social_with_cygnus.html

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Reluctant Doctor: Realizing the Benefits of an EHR | EMR and EHR

I had to share this post from one of my favorite blogs. Great read. Dan L.

The Reluctant Doctor: Realizing the Benefits of an EHR | EMR and EHR:
Written by:
One foggy morning last week, I made my way to the Georgia State Capitol for a Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) Health event relating to the intersection of healthcare IT and state legislation. Little did I know that the state’s government is somewhat unaware of the benefits HIT can bring, both to the patient in terms of more coordinated care and improved quality outcomes, and to the state in terms of job creation and revenue.
I also was not aware that, when it comes to moving from paper to electronic health records, some doctors take a bit more convincing than others. And when I say “a bit,” I really mean they may need to be gently dragged kicking and screaming into the digital age. At least that’s the impression I got at the TAG event after speaking with Sherri Mesquita, an EMR/EHR Consultant – Project Manager, at Community Health Systems Inc. She works with ambulatory clinics and hospitals to help them establish strategy around meeting Meaningful Use deadlines, and has developed a keen sense of when doctors may need an extra “bit” of convincing.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Dan Laninga at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories Share/Save/Bookmark